We are parents!



Soooo...baby Webb arrived a little earlier than his due date. But with the heat and the baby's weight gain, I wasn't sad at all!

For those of you who know me well know that I have NO tolerance for pain. None. I pretty much pass out at everything. But, I can honestly say that childbirth was much easier than I expected. We arrived at the hospital 5 cm dilated...water broke...quickly got an epidural...moved to 9 cm after a bit and then received some pitocin to make the contractions a little more intense. Five and half hours after arrival it was time to push. So we started the Best of Fleetwood Mac CD 2 (really, are you surprised?) and the baby was out by song seven--the nurses were a little sad to not hear the whole CD though. It least we heard Gypsy!

So here are the first pictures of our new little addition (well, the first ones that are appropriate for the Internet). He weighed 6 lbs and 15 ounces and was 19 inches long. And he's perfect!

No comments: